Let’s make a laundry list of stuff I want to be able to do with my calendar.
- View and update calendar from my Palm, my laptop, and all my desktop machines, be they Linux, XP or OSX based.
- View and update calendar from the web.
- Interoperate somehow with Oracle Calendar, because that’s where all my work stuff lives.
- Work with the Palm’s PIM apps without crippling features like “To Do” list categories, etc.
- Avoid snafus inherent to calendar synchronization, i.e. duplication of events
- Work with a minimum of hassle
- Allows me to sync the Palm on my Mac.
That’s a tall order, and I don’t think I’ll be able to find a solution that does all of this perfectly. The challenge, then, is to find the best compromise of functionality, reliability and convenience.