Still playing around with Coppermine, trying to set things up so that Cathy can have a separate login and still have the ability to upload and edit photos in the public albums. First, I tried setting her account up in the registered group. After a bit of fiddling and RTFMing, I was able to get it so that the account could upload to public albums. I had to
- Remove the disk quota from the registered group (group admin area, change default quota from 1024K to 0)
- Enable registered group to upload to public albums without admin approval (group admin area)
- For each album, go to the configuration page (go to album list and click “properties”). In properties, select “Visitors can upload files”
After I did that, I could upload pictures, but once uploaded, I couldn’t do anything further with them (like adding captions etc). So it looks like this isn’t the answer. That leaves me with two options:
- Add Cathy’s account to the administrators group; or
- Move all the albums to Cathy’s “personal” album space, so she “owns” them; then she should have access to them and I can access them through my administrator account.
For now, I’m going with option #1 because it’s the easiest.