This is a variation on #1. I was short on spinach and frozen banana slices, so I improvised with an avocado, and it wasn’t too bad.
- Around half a banana, sliced and preferably frozen
- Around 10 ounces faux milk (oat milk, almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk, …), preferably unflavored/unsweetened
- Big wad of organic peanut butter without added sugar
- Roughly 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- A bunch of chia seeds (I just dump some in from the bag, but I suspect it’s around 1 or 2 teaspoons)
- A little bit of spinach
- 1 small avocado, peeled and pitted
I used a combination of oat milk and almond milk. I started with 8 ounces, which turned out not to be quite enough, so I added some more to get an estimated 10 ounces. I sliced the avocado in half, removed the pit, and scooped the fruit out with a spoon into the blender. The resulting smoothie had more of a milkshake-like consistency than most of my others. I ended up with some peanut butter stuck to the sides, which I wish I could figure out how to avoid, as it happens a lot. The smoothie tasted pretty good, and was very filling.